Woman confronts GOP Sen. Capito over daughter’s cancer (video)

A woman from West Virginia visited her Republican US Senator, Shelley Moore Capito, to talk about the Republican party’s efforts to repeal Obamacare, which would take insurance away from 24 million people, increase premiums on people age 50+ by 66%, reinstitute annual and lifetime caps, decimate coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, and even hurt people who get insurance through their work.

The woman’s daughter has cancer.

She told Sen. Capito her moving story.

red-donateWith the election of Donald Trump, AMERICAblog’s independent journalism and activism is more needed than ever.

Please support our work with a generous donation. (If you prefer PayPal, use this link.) We don’t make much on advertising, we need your support to continue our work. Thanks.

Follow me on Twitter & Facebook:

11 Responses to “Woman confronts GOP Sen. Capito over daughter’s cancer (video)”

1. rj4321 says:

No one is having coverage “taken” from them, they are just not having it “given” to them anymore. It may be a good thing to take money from people who are thought to have more than they need to give it to those who do not have enough but tell the the truth about what you are doing.

2. devlzadvocate says:

The real point is that we are waiting for them to change (e.g. “they will wake up”, “they have no hearts . . .” They are not likely to change anytime soon. In fact, my example shows that some are not only not going to change, they are willing to die. So, laugh if you will, but the job of changing is on us if we expect to find a way to a more progressive world. The ultimate mistake is waiting for others to change.

3. dcinsider says:

If she be like to die, she had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.

4. Irv T says:

Great satire there. I love a sense of humor.

5. devlzadvocate says:

Replying to Houndentenor and 2patricius2, while we may think Congressional republicans have no hearts or souls, they are doing exactly when their constituents elected them to do. I don’t think it will “wake up” one single republican vote because this is what they want. I fully believe they understand that they could lose coverage, benefits and possibly lives under the GOP plan. Here’s why: I have a Trump cult neighbor (yes, it is a cult for many people who call him their “messenger”). She has a terminal illness and has only Medicare meaning she cannot afford many tests, treatments and potential inpatient treatments due to the Part A and B deductibles and no OOP max on the Part B side. She has a minimal SS income. She will not accept any other assistance or public health care as a matter of principle. She will soon die. She views medical providers as scam artists, all insurance as only for those who have the money. True, she has self-esteem issues mixed up in it, but so do many Trump cult members. My thinking is that Congressional republicans read people like her and think, okay, we will give you what you want. We can take away health coverage, give the money to the wealthy ALL with your permission. Finally, there are some republican voters who would simply have there health care coverage taken away by Congress, so the poor, minorities, liberals, LGBTQ, etc, can’t get it either. Spite. They are that nasty. Btw, I’m not saying any of this is the correct thing to do. I’m simply commenting on what I see going on around me.

6. Ashleytroberts says:

I’ve made $84,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do
    !kq200c:
    ➽➽
    ➽➽➽➽ http://GoogleFinancialCashJobs200OfficeCapital/GetPaid$97/Hour ★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫:::!kq200g:.

7. 2patricius2 says:

I honestly think some of the Republicant politicians in Congress have no hearts or souls or consciences at all. What they are doing is so abominable, and so grotesque, it is appalling.

8. Houndentenor says:

I don’t think any of these protests are going to sway a single Republican in the Senate or in the House, but they might wake up millions of people who vote Republican but who are about to be screwed when those lifetime caps come back or when grandma is kicked out of her nursing home because neither she nor the government is paying the tab. Or maybe not. I don’t have much faith left in our species especially the so-called conservatives.

9. Demosthenes says:

In related news, Trump GOP Senator Capito will vote to cut taxes on the rich and fund it by stripping tens of millions of health care. Capito’s only real constituents are the rich; the rest can just go off and die.

10. Outspoken1 says:

Republican Death Panels!

11. Badgerite says:

I notice the first thing the Senator did was go to the ….”she’s on Medicaid” and therefore not worthy defense. But of course, as the woman points out, her daughter has her current insurance that is covering her cancer treatments because she is gainfully employed. But that will not help her and it will not help a lot of people because the 1 million dollar life time cap on benefits which the ACA prohibited and this bill makes legal again, would be surpassed by the expense of her treatment in a very short time. This is true of almost any critical illness. This GOP bill is basically telling people with a critical but survivable illness, no matter where they got their insurance from, no matter who they are, that their option now is to just die. What the red state voters who thought voting for trump would give the “libtards” a great sad neglected to notice is that our support for the ACA was not self serving. I, myself, do not have and am not likely to contract cancer. But my support for the ACA was because we actually care about people like this woman’s daughter. I guess more than the Senator from her home state does. The “libtard” (me) will live. I am healthy. This woman’s daughter and many others like her, will not. This is what the GOP was having a ‘kegger’ in the Rose Garden about and celebrating.