Omarosa is now demanding people call her “Honorable”

Former Trump reality star, and current Trump White House adviser, Omarosa Manigault, has taken to Twitter to demand that people refer to her with a title.

Specifically, Omarosa wants to be referred to as “The Honorable Omarosa Manigault,” a title normally reserved for members of Congress, heads of federal agencies, and judges.

It all started when CBS News White House reporter Jackie Alemany published a copy of a letter in which Omarosa referred to herself as “The Honorable.”

Omarosa Manigault, photo by Gage Skidmore.

I spent five years working as a lawyer in the US Senate, and we routinely used “The Honorable” when sending letters to other members of Congress, cabinet secretaries, judges and similarly situated people. I don’t, however, recall referring to senior White House staff, below the level of chief of staff, as “The Honorable.” (Though we were happy to call a janitor “the honorable” if we thought it would get better results.)

And what’s more, I’ve never quite seen someone publicly demand that they be called the title.

I was one of those Omarosa challenged online:

A few points:

1. It’s supremely tacky to publicly defend calling yourself “honorable.” Real honorables have “people” to do such things.
2. I seem to remember OTHER people calling you honorable, when addressing letters to you. I don’t recall people calling themselves “honorable” when signing a letter they sent to you.
3. The document Omarosa published does mention assistants to the president. I can tell you that in practice, I doubt we’d have ever used that title for anyone below White House chief of staff.

But more importantly, the Republicans are on the verge of taking health care away from 24 million people, and gutting health insurance protections for people who get insurance through their jobs, and top White House staff are spending their workdays defending their royal titles online. And Trump wonders why he’s at 36% in the polls.

red-donateWith the election of Donald Trump, AMERICAblog’s independent journalism and activism is more needed than ever.

Please support our work with a generous donation. (If you prefer PayPal, use this link.) We don’t make much on advertising, we need your support to continue our work. Thanks.

Follow me on Twitter & Facebook:

35 Responses to “Omarosa is now demanding people call her “Honorable””

1. Chris Parry says:

Uh, if you check her website, she likes to be called ‘Reverend’ too.
    “Preacher, Teacher, Ambassador, Mentor and Friend are just a few of the divine assignments that Minister Omarosa Onee Manigault has embraced in her life. Reverend Omarosa has dedicated her life to the service of the Lord..” – http://www.omarosa.com/#

2. Joseph Rodriquez says:

HomerOsa, I don’t care what title you think you should be called, you’ll always be and act like the hood rat that you are. Period!

3. willardcottrell says:

aaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the nutcases want a title. How about itty bitty brain b/c you work for trumPutin. Another damn joke of a hire buy mr delusional

4. lfofriley says:

This woman is totally deranged and has been for years…watch her video on how all of Trumps detractors are going to bow down…whacko…she can’t even figure out how to meet with the black caucus…thats pretty stupid. Why don’t we just call her Queen Dumbass

5. tootthefirst says:

Here’s to Your Excellency Le Boor.

6. Arelys De Jesus Mora Arias says:

if it wasn’t for a sex predator that the media made famous and normalize that such bigot, sex pervert was expose on national tv nobody will know of that woman, she probably would of been just some old pervert toy… as she currently is.

7. unclecurmy says:

How does the orange dildo even have 36%?

8. Paul Ronco says:

How about I just call you a Nazi and we call it even.

9. Kifferslady says:

How about we call you Dumb Bitch instead? I think that fits rather well don’t you Dumb Bitch?

10. Adrian A. Parrado Jr. says:

NO , IT’S OMAROACHA MAGNACUNT !!!

11. HarpoSnarx says:

Oh my. Deplorable and pretentious. I MIGHT be moved to throw in an occasional “excretable” but only under duress or at gunpoint. Such times. Fucked over by snarling losers and purity oafs.

12. Cheyenne says:

The only title I will address this trick by is Miss Bitch.

13. didnotpa says:

From now on I want people to address me as The Excellent Most Honorable Didnotpa.

I think it’s befitting my station in life of being an insufferable boor.

14. MoonDragon says:

Maybe this explains why Michael Clarke Duncan died so young. I think, somewhere, in the back of her mind, she thought that, when he tired of Slovenian cuisine, Donald might be up for some American style food. It still hasn’t occurred to her that she’s past her “best if used by” date in Trumps world.

15. goulo says:

It could be kind of funny if people started ironically/cynically directly addressing her with some even more over the top title, e.g. “Her most exalted and esteemed extremely magnificent honorable majesty”.

16. maz2331 says:

One simply does not refer to one’s self as “The Honorable”, ever, under any circumstances. It is a title reserved only by use by others when referring to the individual.

17. Rick Alembik says:

I vote for “The Deplorable Assistant to the President.”

18. nikto says:

For her, personally, I prefer,
    “The Horrible”.

19. basenjilover says:

On separate topic, “Honorable” Nancy Pelosi needs to step aside and let someone else lead. Long string of House seat loses including losing House twice under Pelosi. She can continue what she does best, fundraising, nothing else.

20. MerryMarjie says:

No one working for Donald Trump should be called Honorable.

21. disqus_U5WLFrrF8x says:

In case anybody was wondering where she lifted her graphic, it came from the USGS manual of all places.

P.S. I got blocked on twitter by John for sharing this. Not sure why. I thought it would be a fun fact as that I kind of feel like the USGS manual is not benchmark to be using as justification.

Sorry John. (though I have no clue why that bothered you)

22. Hobart Smedley says:

I don’t see it as being any different than “Platinum Corinne.”

23. woodroad34 says:

Yes, and a good example of this would be his comment to the Panamanian President the other day, for which the Panamanian President had to correct him *snark*. A rock communicates better than Trump. Opening one’s mouth and forcing everyone else to shut up is not communication.

24. Tom Fusco says:

Under her logic, everyone who works in the White House should be called “Honorable.” Bet that’s news to the wait staff.

25. Drea Sebring says:

He can’t even express a sentence with any accuracy. Embarrassing to have in the WH and certainly not a stellar advertisement for quality education or character.

26. NotConvinced says:

Can she shorten it to The Ho. Omorosa Manigault ?

27. RoundRocker says:

Honorable is as honorable does. You, Omarosa, are not honorable.

28. Badgerite says:

I very much doubt it.

29. nofauxnews says:

“President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”

–Hope Hicks, White House Director of Strategic Communications

The term has always risen bile in my throat when applied to any elected or politically appointed person. Nothing of the sort guarantees even the vague notion of honor; our Congress is proof of that. It’s just silly when applied to a nobody, who has accomplished nothing for the greater good.

31. SkippyFlipjack says:

These assholes and their “fake news” hashtag on anything they disagree with. Fuck them.

32. Or honor among thieves, perhaps :)

33. Demosthenes says:

Does this mean Sean “Melissa McCarthy” Spicer or Kellyanne Comey are “honorable”? Ewwwww

34. woodroad34 says:

Imanotrosie Mangutter has never proven herself to be ‘honorable’ and, as she ironically pointed out, it’s what an outside person may address her, not her addressing herself in that fashion. So…#FakeNews back atcha, Imanotrosie…and poorly researched, I might add (not surprising, actually). Oh, and btw, didn’t USC (a conservative private college) just say that the PR people at the White House (and I’m assuming that’s under the Office of Communications –I work for a municipality and that’s where our PR people are located) are quite the embarrassment to the field of Public Relations? Let’s add the hashtag #Loser to that.
    http://boardroompr.com/sc-anneneberg-study-reveals-pr-industry-thinks-white-house-is-harming-their-image/ https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/e66f0af15686d52a27ecac4e37fb2944d26849b4ca863344bb49e6d259258af2.jpg

35. URstandingwhere says:

While working for a corrupt administration there is no honor.