Sarah Palin is speaking another language

Well, he being the only one who’s been willing, he’s got the guts to wear the issues that need to be spoken about and debate on his sleeve, where the rest of some of these establishment candidates, they just wanted to duck and hide. They didn’t want to talk about these issue until he brought ‘em up. In fact, they’ve been wearing a, this, political correctness kind of like a suicide vest.

What in the fresh hell does that mean?

I guess it was a long time coming, but Sarah Palin endorsed Donald Trump yesterday. Her speech was positively wild. The New York Times still hasn’t been able to decipher all of it. I’m pretty sure she hasn’t, either:

There’s a lot to point and laugh at in Sarah Palin’s endorsement (“How Drunk Was Sarah Palin, On A Scale of Burp To In Jail With Her Son Track?“). She trotted out all of her tired lines about community organizing, teleprompters and drilling, baby, drilling, none of which cohered into complete sentences or complete thoughts.

But one part of Palin’s long ramble stuck out in particular. Remember how conservatives were oh so aggrieved when then-candidate Obama said that many conservative Americans were “bitter” and “cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them”?

Well:

As far as Sarah Palin’s concerned, what made Obama’s remark about the Pissed Off and Angry Party offensive wasn’t that it was wrong so much as it was someone else who said it.

It’s unclear exactly how much campaigning Palin is planning on doing for Trump as the election season unfolds, but what’s very clear is that she is speaking a language that only Trump voters can understand.

Despite her most earnest contentions, no, this is not going to be “so much fun.”

If you dare, you can watch her speech below:

Jon Green graduated from Kenyon College with a B.A. in Political Science and high honors in Political Cognition. He worked as a field organizer for Congressman Tom Perriello in 2010 and a Regional Field Director for President Obama's re-election campaign in 2012. Jon writes on a number of topics, but pays especially close attention to elections, religion and political cognition. Follow him on Twitter at @_Jon_Green, and on Google+. .

30 Responses to “Sarah Palin is speaking another language”

1. johnmartin says:

Everyone accuses her of being drunk. That’s nonsense. She’s just psychotic.

2. johnmartin says:

Rock and Rollers, Holy Rollers…. because those two are the same cukoo.

3. johnmartin says:

I am from Iowa. Most of us lived in cities. Its a misconception that we are all farmers. Most people from Alaska aren’t Eskimos either but I’m not sure Sarah knows that.

4. woodroad34 says:

He’s at the very least more coherent.

5. BillFromPA says:

As was said of Gabby Johnson who uttered ‘pure frontier gibberish’, ‘Now how can you argue with that?’

6. UncleWuggins says:

Where are you headed? I’m thinking Norway is just the ticket.

7. chrislib says:

It’s her native language, KickAss, which–despite her claims–Rosetta Stone still doesn’t offer. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/06/sarah-palin-bowe-bergdahl_n_5460026.html

8. Ol' Hippy says:

All this political insanity reminds me of a really bad acid trip…on acid.

9. gratuitous says:

Darmak and Gelaad at Tenagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.

10. NeedACleverName says:

She was excited to command the media spotlight again. She receives almost no coverage on her own these days. She CRAVES the spotlight even more than Trump does.

I don’t think she cares whether Trump is elected or not. But she accurately assessed that the best way to obtain the wall-to-wall media coverage she needs to survive was to hook her cart to Trump’s.

11. crazymonkeylady says:

Imbecile Endorses Nincompoop. News at 11.

12. The_Fixer says:

I think it’s speed and booze, maybe with Xanax mixed in. She’s got plenty of energy, but she still clearly is impaired. And then there’s the verbal wandering off into outer space.

Yes, there’s quite a bit of pharmacology going on inside that body.

13. The_Fixer says:

Sorry, I gave up after 1:41.

What I heard was typical of her many speeches – disjointed and nonsensical. What is it with this pharmacy-in-a-human-body that makes her so popular?

This is yet another in her grifter schemes to keep her in the public eye so she can continue her speaking engagements, book sales, and perhaps, even get another TV show. Hook up with Donald Trump and you’ve got guaranteed appearances on Fox again.

I hope I live long enough to see the “Where Are They Now” program on which she is featured. Whatcha bet they recount a stint in rehab that she’ll undoubtedly have to complete under court order?

Sobering thought: 59,000,000 Americans thought she was competent enough to be one elderly heartbeat away from the nuclear codes.

15. eahopp says:

I think Tom Cruise is more sane off his meds, and jumping on a sofa than Sarah Palin.

16. woodroad34 says:

She did look, if not act, drunk. Her hair was uncharacteristically disheveled and her eyes….geez! MIchelle Bachman must be upset about having her “Crazy Eyes” crown taken away from her.

…or several shots into the latest in a long series of Popov vodka bottles.

I made myself watch most of her speech (until the screechy shrillness forced me to turn it off, else risk a migraine attack) and more than anything else, she looked drunk.

Or Teamster union members?

19. SkippyFlipjack says:

“He is from the private sector, not a politician, can I get a hallelujah?”

This from the former mayor and governor (half-term, but still..)

Why the self-loathing?

20. SkippyFlipjack says:

“Lookin around at all of you, you hard workin’ Iowa families, you farm families, and.. teachers, and.. teamsters, and cops and cooks..”

How many of the people in the audience do you think were actually farmers?

21. SkippyFlipjack says:

RIGHT WINGIN’ BITTER CLINGIN’ PROUD CLINGERS!

22. woodroad34 says:

When I watched this, I couldn’t believe how overly-excited and discombobulated she appeared. She seemed set on over-compensating for the slutty behavior of her sexual abstinence daughter and criminally abusive son. It’s akin to Tom Cruise being off his meds and jumping on a sofa.

I tried to watch the video. I got four minutes into it and had to quit. I’ve tried to never watch her at all. Has her voice always been so high-pitched and screechy? To me it was like fingernails on a blackboard. That’s one of the reasons I had to stop listening.

Well, Trump hasn’t mentioned her as a VP candidate, but he has dangled a cabinet position in front of her. He could make her Secretary of State. Every foreign leader would give her exactly what she asked for just to shut her the fuck up.

Yeah… she’s moved on from word-salad straight over to word slurry.

The woman could not even pass a Turing test at this point.

“Excuse me? We can stop right now. This is obviously a random phrase generator into which you’ve stuffed hundreds of vaguely political non sequiturs.”

I’ve met people like former half-term Governor Quitter, who treat giving a public speech in front of people as basically an extended conversational filibuster. Palin’s all-too-typical word-salad is a reflection of her own deeply disordered thought processes. (I also can no longer discount the distinct possibility the woman has a substance abuse problem of some kind. Drunken Barstool, drunken Tracksuit, birthday party brawls… those kinds of alcoholic behavior patterns nearly always run and repeat in families.)

In any case, I don’t know if folks have noticed, but often the first couple of sentences Palin speaks will be somewhat coherent and approach grammatically sensible language. But the longer she speaks, the more her language skills devolve, as if her mouth outruns her brain’s ability to keep up. What’s worse, as we learned from McCain’s campaign advisor, Steve Schmidt, is Palin won’t even take instruction on how not to sound like a raving and incoherent loony while speaking in public.

If I were to hit the lottery tonight, I would be out of the country as soon as the check cleared, so I don’t have to listen to any more of this shit. Then, depending on the outcome in November, I might just stay there.

27. FLL says:

Trump-Palin 2016! The ultimate Republican debacle. It’s destiny.

28. MoonDragon says:

She just ran the word cole slaw through the cross-cut shredder.

29. B00Z says:

Oh it IS going to be so much fun!