The Sarah Palin Thanksgiving turkey massacre (video)

I don’t know why, but with Thanksgiving upon us, I happened to remember a certain scene back in 2008 when a soon to be half-a-term Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska decided she was going to pardon a turkey.

In fact, John Aravosis has covered this several times now, so I have to figure this is one of his favorites, too.

As ever, check out the chyrons under the screen as MSNBC has fun with it, too.

MSNBC has fun at Sarah Palin's expense during turkey slaughter

Word salad for the cameras, utterly oblivious to the bloody carnage going on directly behind her.

My favorite part is when the turkey farmer keeps glancing over at the camera as if he wants to say, “I gotta get this work done. You people sure you don’t want to go do that interview somewhere else? No? Okay…

Here’s MSNBC’s take on it (caution — these videos are rather gory):

And an alternate view:

8 Responses to “The Sarah Palin Thanksgiving turkey massacre (video)”

1. NicciFredericpdo says:

I­­­­t­­’­s b­e­e­n t­­­h­­­­ree mont­­­­­­­hs sinc­­e I q­­uit­­­­ted m­y la­­s­­­­­t j­­­o­b a­­­n­­­d n­­o­w I g­­e­t pa­­i­d 9­5 do­­­ll­­­ar­s/­h…W­a­n­­­­­t t­­o k­n­­­­­ow h­­­­ow­­? I s­­­ta­­­rt­­ed w­­­ork­­­in­­g a hom­­e-ba­­­­­se­­­­d jo­­­­­b o­­­­­n in­­­ter­­­­n­et! M­­­­y p­a­s­­­­­t j­­­­­o­­­­­­b wa­­­­­­s ba­­­­­­d fo­­­­­­r m­­­­­e s­­­­­­­­­o I d­­­­­­­­­eci­­­­­­ded t­­­­o t­­­r­y so­­­meth­­­i­ng fr­­­e­­­s­h… A­­­ft­er ha­­l­f a do­­­ze­­­n o­­­f y­­­e­a­­­­­­rs I­t w­­­as od­­­d fo­­­­r m­­­e t­­o le­­­­av­e m­­­­­­y o­l­­­­d jo­­­­b bu­­­t n­­­­­­ow I a­m h­a­­­­­­ppier t­han ev­­­­er
    CH­EC­­­­K O­­­UT WH­A­T I D­­O HE­R­E

2. gratuitous says:

“Get back over there, Jimmy! Them turkeys ain’t gonna slaughter themselves!”

It helps to think back on Mrs. Palin’s beauty pageant past. The standard is to hit all the buzzwords and talking points. What comes in between really doesn’t matter, as long as the judges hear “freedom” and “America” and “God” enough times, along with a couple of entries cribbed from a Word of the Day desk calendar. While preparing, the contestant’s handlers try to distract her and knock her off message by pulling silly faces or making sudden noises. Again, the content is less important than the visual of a glib, poised contestant running a word stream while smiling with her head up.

3. UncleBucky says:

Tub of blood – that’s what Palin ignored… Hehehe…

4. 2karmanot says:

“Move on.” excellent idea. Bye Bye

5. Truga says:

Palin had nothing to do with the background events and someone should have stopped the filming or moved the location. It is no longer funny or cute. Time to stop showing it. That episode occurred in 2008; it’s now 2014. Move on….No donation from me.

6. 2karmanot says:

Whenever I see the Wasilla hillbilly I think of is mad cow disease.

Every time I see that video, in addition to the guilty pleasure I can’t decide which is suffering the greater degree of wanton destruction: Those turkeys or the English language.

8. therling says:

This footage just seems to sum up all that is the phenomenon that is Sarah Palin. Watching it ought to be a holiday tradition like the Macy’s parade or football.