UPDATE: Aaron Schock just locked down his Instagram account, as outing rumors swirl. And conservative media has now picked up on the story.
Is there anything more embarrassing than when a conservative anti-gay Republican finds out his Instagram account is queer?
I mean, really, what self-respecting homophobe follows newly-out Olympic diver Tom Daley?
UPDATE: Aaron Schock is suddenly no longer following Tom Daley.
You see, Schock is really really really anti-gay:
- Schock voted against adding sexual orientation to the already-existing hate crimes law.
- Schock opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
- Schock opposes the repeal of DOMA.
- Schock is against gay marriage; and
- Schock is for the Federal Marriage Amendment, which would add language to the US Constitution banning gay marriage and likely striking down every gay rights law and ordinance in the country.
Schock is so anti-gay that the Human Rights Campaign gave him a whopping 0% rating:
But come on HRC, how can anyone be a zero with pants like this (or these)?
Or shoes like this?
Or a jawline like that?
Or that slippery-when-wet Adam’s apple?
Or that coy sense of humor.
And one more thing about the photo above. I’m not saying it’s necessarily “gay,” but how many hetero members of Congress would post a pic of themselves free-balling, let alone with another guy?