Just when you thought Toronto Mayor Rob Ford couldn’t sink any lower (video)

Rob Ford, Toronto’s embattled mayor, who admitted to using crack cocaine, gave a press conference today announcing that he would take legal action against people who spread lies about him.

Then he responded to an allegation that he wanted to have oral sex with a former female staffer:

“It hurts my wife when they call a friend of mine a prostitute. Alana is not a prostitute. She’s a friend. And it makes me sick how people are saying this. So unfortunately, I have no other choice. I’m the last one to take legal action, I can’t put up with it anymore. So I’ve named the names. Litigation will be starting shortly. I’ve had enough. That’s why I warned you guys yesterday be careful what you wrote. That’s all I have to say for now.

toronto-mayor-rob-ford

Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto.

And the next thing I want to call Mayor Bratina in Hamilton and tell them we are going to have to spank their little tiger cats.

Oh and the last thing was Olivia Gondek, it says it says that I wanted to eat her p*ssy. Olivia Gondek. I’ve never said that in my life to her. I would never do that. I’m happily married. I’ve got more than enough to eat at home. Thank you very much.”

The press in assemblance had their collective jaws drop.

Oh Canada. You’re supposed to be the level-headed one in our little north American family.

(I’m told that in order to actually see my Facebook posts in your feed, you need to “follow” me – so say the experts.)

57 Responses to “Just when you thought Toronto Mayor Rob Ford couldn’t sink any lower (video)”

1. karlInSanDiego says:

Douch-Off Ford vs. Armstrong vs. Christie – Begin…

2. Duke Woolworth says:

His wife and his dope might be the only lo-cal items that hit his mouth.

3. The_Fixer says:

In all seriousness, this guy looks like he is ready to explode any minute. That’s not a jab at his size (which is substantial and likely unhealthy). He looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

He’s constantly red in the face. He’s always fighting with someone. And the things he says are straight out of Looneyville.

I hope that someone close to him talks some sense into him and gets him to agree to resign. It would seem that he is very near his breaking point and may very well do something that will seriously harm someone. For the good of the people of Toronto and for his own good, he needs to leave office post haste.

4. The_Fixer says:

I think I wasn’t as skilled as I could have been with the tongue-in-cheek thing.

5. Anonymous says:

I’ve heard alcoholics say similar things. Regardless, he’s unfit to lead. Just acknowledging the problem isn’t an excuse at all.

6. neroden says:

After finding out that there was no way to currently legally get rid of Rob Ford unless he was actually incarcerated in a prison, City Council members are sending petitions to the Ontario Parliament to try to get them to introduce some kind of impeachment or recall law.

7. neroden says:

PM Harper is benefitting greatly from Rob Ford, because Rob Ford’s scandals are driving Harper’s scandals out of the news. Harper’s scandals are actually endangering democracy and the rule of law in Canada, but Ford’s are so much more *salacious* to report.

8. neroden says:

That was his actual excuse. That flabbergasted me until I thought about it… I realized that that’s addict talk. In the mind of an addict that actually makes sense, though it doesn’t make sense to anyone else.

9. neroden says:

Actually, if you listened carefully, he said “I am not a crack addict” and “I do not currently smoke crack”. He never denied that he had smoked crack in the past.

Now he says that doesn’t remember smoking crack because he was blacked out from drinking.

At some point, I don’t think it matters whether he’s truthful; he’s completely incapable of functioning. He belongs in rehab, not in public office.

10. neroden says:

This was a much more defensible statement than his claim that he only smoked crack because he was in, quote, “one of my drunken stupors”, unquote.

11. quax says:

Well played.

12. Anonymous says:

Apparently, we weren’t the only voters asleep in 2010

13. Ninong says:

TMI about his family life.

Repeat yourself often enough and still, fifteen minutes of fame will pass you by.

15. jasper says:

Are you being sarcastic?

He spent six months denying he smoked crack. He spent six months maligning and bullying journalists who had seen videos of him smoking crack. He has spent years denying that he drove while intoxicated.

How is that being ‘truthful’? How is that being ‘honest’?

16. arcadesproject says:

omg is this the best the citizens of fair Toronto could do for a freakin’ mayor? Was there no one beter than this creature?

17. Thom Allen says:

Does anyone else notice the facial resemblance between Ford and Limbaugh? Not to mention their lies, drug use, overbearing egos, obesity, boorishness and many other similarities.

18. cold340t says:

Remember Bushjr. couldn’t pass background check for clearance to go see his Dad when he was both VP/Pres.. Due to drug use in his background amongst other things to which we will never know. He got his clearance after the Commander in his Nat. Guard company died. But, not during his dads tenure. Ooops, wait that didn’t work out so good for US, did it! By the way Bushjr. said this himself, I didn’t make it up.
    I still like this guy though!

19. cold340t says:

I second that motion! He should NOT QUIT! He is more honest then anyone I’ve voted for in the last 30yrs.! If he came to the States he would get my vote!

20. cold340t says:

I love this guy! The more he speaks…..very truthfully, the MORE I like him! I would vote for him if he came to the States. I mean, you have to admit he is VERY HONEST. More then we can say about MOST of our Current?Past Administrations. Don’t Quit sir! Sue their asses to the moon!

21. felixHcat says:

Apparently Rob Ford intends to communicate to Mayor Bratina his compulsion to anally interface with Hamilton’s football team. At this point I’d not be surprised by anything the man does in his not-so-private time.

22. felixHcat says:

Nice.

23. SkippyFlipjack says:

Come on, cut the guy some slack. He was drunk that time he smoked crack, so it really doesn’t count.

24. emjayay says:

Canada is just lucky Ford isn’t in charge of more than mayor stuff. But seriously, he’s much worse.

25. gowian says:

No, there’s no recall/impeachment mechanism, unfortunately. All we can do is rely on his sense of shame and decen….I’m sorry, I can’t make it through that sentence without losing it. The guy is completely shameless. He just lies until proven wrong, then apologizes and moves on. He did the same thing regarding a pot bust in Florida before he was mayor: lied about it, then when it was proven, “Oh, yeah. I got busted for pot in Florida. Sorry”.

26. angst in Berwyn says:

Thanks for the correction.

27. Bill_Perdue says:

Another lesser evil bites the dust.

28. ckg1 says:

Their AHL team is the Bulldogs. Their CFL team is the Tiger-Cats.

29. ckg1 says:

You should take a look at the Argonauts’ Twitter feed. Even THEY are embarrassed by Ford’s antics.

30. Tom in Lazybrook says:

Uh, I’m from Texas, got some mild grief about it when I was in Toronto last year. I calmly responded. “Yes, my head of my government is Barack Obama, yours is Stephen Harper. The Mayor of my city, Houston, is a center-left out Lesbian. The mayor of Toronto is Rob Ford”. You can’t go by the stereotype.

You almost have to feel sorry for the guy. He’s in the middle of a serious mental breakdown, and there doesn’t seem to be anybody who can get him into protective custody.

That’s about the same split you’d find in the US. Bush always had a solid core of about 27%.

33. Ninong says:

Every time he says something is an outright lie, a video comes out proving just the opposite and he has to “correct” his previous statement. He’s getting ridiculous! Oh, Canada!

34. The_Fixer says:

Just because he smoked crack cocaine in a drunken stupor and makes highly inappropriate comments during an impromptu press conference?

Nah, he just needs a vacation :)

35. The_Fixer says:

Another explanation! Thanks!

36. The_Fixer says:

Ah, thanks for the info. Makes more sense now.

I’ll say it again: The dude needs rehab. Stat.

O Canada!

39. jasper says:

As Conservative as they get. All talk and no personal responsibility.

He and the PM of Canada are ‘good’ friends.

40. jasper says:

The comment refers to the Canadian Football League. The end of the season is fast approaching. Toronto has the Argonauts and Hamilton has the Tigers. Both teams are vying for a spot at the Grey Cup.

41. cole3244 says:

his fifteen minutes are almost up and none too soon.

42. Max_1 says:

Good thing they aren’t the Hamilton Monkeys…

43. kingstonbears says:

A poll was released this morning stating that 67% of Torontonians want Ford removed. Really makes you wonder about the other third of the population. And this from what is supposed to be a world class city. Thank god we moved from there a couple of decades ago.

44. angst in Berwyn says:

Hopefully not Io. It has an atmosphere.

45. BillFromDover says:

We’ll take anything (at this moment) that overshadows anything that Texas has to offer as the craziest motherfucker(s) in the entire world! (Gohmerts exempted, of course).

Texas meet Toronto. Toronto, may I introduce to you Texas.

46. angst in Berwyn says:

It is the name of the Hamilton (Ont.) minor league ice hockey team.

47. judybrowni says:

Yup, jaws literally drop. On political reporters.

As did mine, listening at home.

I’m assuming this nutcake is a “Conservative,” amirite?

48. The_Fixer says:

Well, he is colorful, ya gotta give him that much!

I am kind of confused by “spanking the tigers”. Is that a euphemism, or what?

49. Dave of the Jungle says:

What a boors nest.

50. Tor says:

Finally. Politics is fun again.

51. Monoceros Forth says:

I dunno. It’s a bit refreshing, in a way. Far more honest in any case to Georgie Bush’s winking and nudging references to his wild and booze-soaked youth while at the same time boasting about how he found Jesus and cleaned himself up.

52. Island In The Sky says:

OMFG…I’m in hysterics hearing that. Even more so imagining a U.S. politician (I can almost hear Anthony Weiner making the attempt!) saying it.

53. WinTPu says:

Absolute low life and a whole Ford nation full of other low lives.

54. fletcher says:

I’m wondering how many people who voted for Rob Ford are sorry they did. Can they impeach this guy and send him into exile? The moons of Jupiter might be too close for some.