The Huffington Post home page, as of this writing, has a blistering top story slamming the remaining ten Senate Democrats who refuse to back gay marriage. You can see a screen capture of HuffPo’s home page below.
In the past few days, Senators Mark Begich (D-AK), Claire McCaskill (D-MO) and Mark Warner (D-VA) have all come out in favor of gay marriage. Thus, HuffPo’s interest in naming the names of the holdouts. And good for them.
The anti-gay holdouts are:
1. Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.)
2. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who’s a neanderthal and proud of it.
3. Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.)
4. Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
5. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), who’s also been a major disappointment on gun issues (she’s uber pro-NRA).
6. Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), who’s often on the wrong side.
7. Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.)
8. Sen. Tim Johnson (D-S.D.)
9. Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.)
10. Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.)
HuffPo provides a lot more background on each Senator, where they are on DOMA, etc.