Ryan camp leaks post-election plans that don’t involve being VP

Why would anyone talk to the Associated Press about Paul Ryan’s possible plans if he loses the election, unless they’re afraid Paul Ryan is going to lose the election.

You don’t see any articles about what college Barack Obama is going to teach at, but you do see a big AP story about Paul Ryan’s options when – sorry, SHOULD – he lose next Tuesday.  The story is titled, “VP RYAN? PROF. RYAN? GOP NOMINEE’S FUTURE UNCLEAR”:

Ryan’s biggest boosters realize he probably can write his own ticket, win or lose on Nov. 6.

These Ryan allies spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private proposals they were preparing for him. They insist Ryan is not worried about anything beyond the election and is not planning anything except being a governing partner to Romney.

They say that if he fails, Ryan’s instincts will be to return to the House — he is running for re-election to his House seat at the same time he’s Romney’s running mate — and resume his role as Budget Committee chairman.

Now, the story makes clear that no one on Team Ryan is suggesting that he won’t win.

Uh huh.

But then, all of Ryan’s confidants are talking to the AP about all of Ryan’s options post-loss, which is something you wouldn’t do if you thought he had a chance at winning. It’s not just a matter of jinxing things, you would not want to assist any article, five days before the election, that suggest he might lose. You only do that if you think he’s going to lose.

Rachel Maddow is convinced that someone working for Ryan talked to AP for this story:

Rachel Maddow Paul Ryan

Well, the good news is that Paul Ryan could always work pretending to clean already-cleaned dishes in a soup kitchen (assuming his supporters haven’t put it out of business yet).  Or pretending to be spending his days helping Hurricane Sandy victims by getting them things they don’t even need.

That’s the neat thing about working on a campaign that values fiction as religion.  If the job you’re looking for is a lie, your possibilities are endless.

39 Responses to “Ryan camp leaks post-election plans that don’t involve being VP”

1. davefaler says:

Another reason he can’t teach at any College is because all College budgets include government/taxpayer funding. He vehemently opposes government money.

2. FormerJobsHolder says:

You people are a bunch of freaks.  From now on Berkely, Madison and Austin residents can’t post.  Bama #1, OBama second.  Now whine you losers

3. paul Winthrop says:

If the People of America elect Romney I hope they will consider that Romney can’t tell the truth,can’t make up his mind and feels that he was born to save America. If the Republicans gain the upper hand in both the Congress and Senate and the Supreme Court you can kiss off your rights and entitlements.
             He will get us into a war with Iran and maybe even China. Of course he will have get his investments out first. Thats why he wants to give the Military more money. He also makes money from the companies he has stocks in that would supply the Military. Romney never goes to bed without turning a profit.

4. Papa Bear says:

Opera seems to be working so far…

5. Steve Monts says:

Maybe he’ll write a sequel to his favorite writer’s magnum opus and call it Atlas Mugged.

6. ELSEVAR says:

Thanks for the heads-up.  I have been having the same problem.  Alas, it continues …

It is 9:12 pm for me (Austin time) and DISQUS is still not letting me post.

I will try this via the “guest” option.

7. M.j. Kroner says:

Unfortunately, failed right-wing political hacks like him can slide into academia without an advanced degree, thanks to places like the Hoover Institution.

Spoke too soon. A few hours later, it broke again.

As an aside, it’s happening for me with IE and Chrome too, not just Firefox. I haven’t tried Opera, but not about to install it just to appease Disqus. :)

10. Freday63 says:

He could be a personal trainer down at the “Y M C A!”  He does have the abs for it I will give him that…

11. He only has a degree. So unless he goes back to school to get his masters, his teaching certificate or his PHD, there will be no Professor Ryan, thank God.

12. Quilla says:

So, General Custer in “Little Big Man” has this to say about that:  Still trying to outsmart me, aren’t you, mule-skinner. You want me to
    think that you don’t want me to go down there, but the subtle truth is
    you really *don’t* want me to go down there!

13. bacalove says:

If they leaked this about Losing, then you can bet they think they are winning or will win by hook or crook!  You can not believe what they say but the opposite of what they say!  They are “tricksters”!

COLORADO SETS THE STAGE FOR A BOGUS ELECTION -: WITH A SERIES OF NEW RULES!

http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/8/82306.html#.UJOSL-zTK4Y.twitter …

14. kingstonbears says:

If there is any justice, not only will he not be vice president, he will also not have a seat in the House.  Oh, please, please, please………

15. Papa Bear says:

At least he knows how to spell potaato..poteateo…Murphy Brown!

16. Papa Bear says:

But only if someone else has already washed it first…

17. Guest says:

With his tongue.

If anyone deserves to be Grover’s personal ball washer, it’s Ryan.

19. Dallin says:

Obama just bought a house in Hawaii.

20. Guest says:

I nominate him for a job as Grover Norquist’s minder.

Ryan is just Dan Quayle with a five o’clock shadow.

22. jayinatlanta says:

He won’t be returning to his post in the House either if Rob Zerban has his way.

23. lynchie says:

I think you forgot two of the largest egos every seen in a Presidential campaign.

24. Papa Bear says:

Ditto for me and Firefox on this site, but I can post just fine over at Raw Story…

I can edit if I remain on the page, but if I go away and navigate back, it’s gone.

26. colleen2 says:

and same here

Edit function out as well

It seems to be every single login option, too. I have OpenID, Google, and Twitter as well as a direct Disqus account, and none of them will actually accomplish a completed login here. I’ve cleared history, deleted cookies, and even started Firefox in safe mode, but no luck.

For me, this problem started just yesterday. Judging from all the ‘Guest’ comments that sound like familiar commenters, I’m thinking this is a global issue for us Firefox users at this point.

“… and resume his role as Budget Committee chairman a lobbyist for Purina Cat Chow.”

There. Fixed.

Same problem here. Glad it’s not just me.

31. Tom Key says:

Ryan has a money pipeline — Koch billions.

Yep. I’ve been looking around at other sites that use Disqus, including Talking Points Memo (they use the newer interface) and I’m logged in just fine over there.

Maybe he can get a lectureship at Stanford and have lunch with Condi Rice now and then.

Same Disqus problem here as well.

Remember, we are dealing with one of the most incompetently run campaigns for the presidency, fueled entirely by immense buckets of money and abject lies.

BTW, there’s something seriously screwy going on with Disqus vis a vis Firefox now, but only on this site. It simply will not let me log in. I enter my ID or email and password, the box thinks for a second, then goes away — and I remain logged out. Yet if I enter my email address as ‘guest’ and post, it shows up with my avatar and Disqus ID. Yet if I go over to the main Disqus site, I’m logged in same as I ever was.

36. DuffyShort says:

Ryan is not going to ever be a factor again…that is if he even was now…..His national stature is going to be nothing. He hates Romney and is very sorry he got inlolved on the ticket……….

37. Drew2u says:

Nor has he ever agreed to debate his Democratic challenger, Rob Zerban, for his House seat. They never once had a debate:

38. silas1898 says:

From the fevered swamps of Wingnuttia——

39. Dannona says:

Ryan, has no academic credentials to teach at any College, save Ave Maria or Liberty U.   His grand expertise is based on a baccalaureate in political science and economics.   Of course, he does have all that experience as being a conduit for the Heritage Foundation’s economists.