Another interview in our series, Five Questions, about American history, progressives, Democrats and the future.
Today’s interviewee is Christopher Pearson, state legislator from Vermont and member of that state’s Progressive Party — yes, Virginia, some states have a Progressive Party.
Chris’s fifth question has to do with the future of Vermont’s state-specific health care law, a version of single-payer. Interesting answer.
Note that Pearson is concerned, as I am, about global warming (climate catastrophe). Very thoughtful responses.
Five questions, Christopher Pearson with Gaius Publius, recorded at Netroots Nation 2012. Enjoy:
The full list of “Five Questions” interviews includes the following. Links to names will take you to previously-published interviews.
- Alan Grayson, former (and perhaps future) U.S. Congressman
- Marcy Wheeler, of emptywheel.net
- Cliff Schecter, who comments regularly with Sam Seder at Majority.fm among many other places
- Tom Tomorrow, cartoonist with DailyKos and This Modern World
- Alex Lawson of StrengthenSocialSecurity.org
- Josh Orton, with Russ Feingold’s Progressives United
- Frances Causey, producer–director of Heist, the documentary
- Chris Pearson, a Progressive Party Vermont state legislator
- Susan Smith, Progressive Caucus chair of the Florida Democratic Party
- Sarah Burris, labor activist and progressive youth organizer
These interviews will be concluded this week. Thanks for listening to them.
(If you have trouble with this audio, please let me know in the comments and I’ll address it as quickly as I can. Thanks.)
To follow or send links: @Gaius_Publius