Another Five Questions interview from Netroots Nation 2012, this time with the tireless Alex Lawson of Strengthen Social Security. (As the banner says “Strengthen Social Security … don’t cut it.” You’re going to like the way he thinks.)
This interview took place on the final day — the Sunday of last breakfasts and travel. By this point, a number of us were not fully well; allergies had kicked it, and a fair number of my friends arrived home processing the camp diseases.
Alex, however, was strong-voiced and full-throated. Not so I; the frogs had set up home. My apologies for that.
Alex makes a number of excellent points in this interview. I like his view of the pendulum and the future (questions 1 and 4); very thoughtful. And his answers to questions 2 and 3 (Dems and progressives) are important to consider.
And his last answer — how to be more effective in your life — made this a must-listen for me. He told me later he could have given many more suggestions; still the ones he gave are invaluable.
Five Questions: Alex Lawson with Gaius Publius, recorded on the last day of Netroots Nation 2012. Enjoy:
The full list of “Five Questions” interviews includes the following. Links to names will take you to previously-published interviews.
- Alan Grayson, former (and perhaps future) U.S. Congressman
- Marcy Wheeler, of emptywheel.net
- Cliff Schecter, who comments regularly with Sam Seder at Majority.fm among many other places
- Tom Tomorrow, cartoonist with DailyKos and This Modern World
- Alex Lawson of StrengthenSocialSecurity.org
- Josh Orton, with Russ Feingold’s Progressives United
- Frances Causey, producer–director of Heist, the documentary
- Chris Pearson, a Progressive Party Vermont state legislator
- Susan Smith, Progressive Caucus chair of the Florida Democratic Party
- Sarah Burris, labor activist and progressive youth organizer
These interviews will be presented in some order in the upcoming days.
(If you have trouble with this audio, please let me know in the comments and I’ll address it as quickly as I can. Thanks.)
To follow or send links: @Gaius_Publius