Maggie Haberman of Politico has a long story detailing the six big lessons from New Hampshire. It’s good and worth a read. Here’s the quick synopsis.
1. Romney did well, and having won both Iowa and NH becomes all the more likely to be the GOP nominee.
2. Huntsman had a real surge in NH that justifies him staying in the race.
3. “The GOP cannot ignore Ron Paul.”
4. Both Santorum and Gingrich are losing their status as the “anti-Romney.”
5. The SuperPACs are having a huge influence, and may mean that Gingrich, Santorum and Huntsman will stay in the race until Super Tuesday.
6. Rick Perry is toast, with just 0.73 percent of the vote.