UPDATE: Just noticed the following in the poll (thanks to Greg Mitchell):
Do you think it is ever justified for citizens to take violent action against the government, or is it never justified?
Never justified 71
The overall percentage of Americans who think it’s ever justified is 16%. So the Teabagger number is 50% higher than the public at large.
* Lots to chew over in the new New York Times poll of the Tea Party supporters. Our favorite: More Tea Party backers think Sarah Palin would not make an effective president, 47%-40%.
* Ninety-two percent say Obama is moving the country towards socialism.
* But: A big majority, 62%, favors those socialist government takeover schemes known as Social Security and Medicare.
* Sixty-three percent of Tea Partiers get their news from Fox, and a majority views the shows hosted by Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity as “news shows.”
* First the Tea Partiers said Dems were hatching a secret scheme to provoke them to racism. Now they’re saying lefties plotted to infiltrate their rallies and make them look like whackjobs. (Like they need any help in this department.)
Which political figure in the United States living TODAY do you admire most?
Newt Gingrich: 10%
Sarah Palin: 9%
George W. Bush/Mitt Romney/No one: 5%
These folks are conservative Republicans, that’s all they are.