Petraeus now says surge hasn’t even started when last week he already determined the surge was a resounding success

Excuse me? Just last Friday, four days ago, ABC reported that General Petraeus had already decided that come this September he’s going to call the surge a resounding success, even before it’s over. At the time, we though it quite a feat that the general already knew, four months early, what his findings would be in September. Imagine our surprise to read today that Petraeus is now claiming that the surge hasn’t even started yet. Yes, folks, General Petraeus has already decided that come September he’s going to declare the surge a success even though we now know that the surge hasn’t even really started.

When Bush said that Petraeus was the right man for the job he apparently meant the con job.


Follow me on Twitter: @aravosis | @americablog | @americabloggay | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | LinkedIn. John Aravosis is the Executive Editor of AMERICAblog, which he founded in 2004. He has a joint law degree (JD) and masters in Foreign Service from Georgetown; and has worked in the US Senate, World Bank, Children's Defense Fund, the United Nations Development Programme, and as a stringer for the Economist. He is a frequent TV pundit, having appeared on the O'Reilly Factor, Hardball, World News Tonight, Nightline, AM Joy & Reliable Sources, among others. John lives in Washington, DC. .

Share This Post

© 2019 AMERICAblog Media, LLC. All rights reserved. · Entries RSS